As of October 15, 2020
Dear Valley Brook Family and Friends,
As announced on Sunday, we are exploring the possibility of a partial re-gathering on a small and safe level. For example, though the state of Maryland is permitting attendance at religious services up to 75% of capacity, we are limiting ours to under 10%.
We also want you to know we are not changing anything we are presently doing. We will continue to stream just as we are. So those of you who desire to continue participating from home will be able to continue to do so. What we’re moving towards is adding an option for those who would like to gather at the church.
In pursuing this, we are taking a gradual and cautious approach in accordance with the guidelines and recommendations of state and national health authorities. This includes social distancing, wearing masks, sanitizing the facility, washing hands, temperature checks and instructive signage.
Here is the protocol for attending service.
- Only ten (10) attendees (plus the 2 or 3 members of the production team) will be permitted per Sunday.
- All attendees must wear masks for the entire time they are in the building or on church grounds.
- Attendees will be allowed to enter the building at 10:55 a.m. Prior to that time they must either remain in their vehicle or stand outside, wearing a mask and socially distanced from other attendees.
- Each attendee will have his or her temperature checked upon entry.
- All attendees will be given a handout of these instructions.
- Upon entry, attendees must immediately enter the sanctuary and not congregate in any other part of the church.
- All attendees must immediately exit the church after the service. Socializing within the church after the service will not be permitted.
- Going forward, we will proceed alphabetically through our directory, giving all our members the opportunity to attend if they so choose, with a maximum of 10 per Sunday. We will be using an app that allows members to register and will also limit the registrations to 10.
Finally, please keep in mind that this is an exploration of possibility, not a fixed plan. If we discover this to not be a fit for our church, for whatever reason, we will suspend the re-gathering effort. We want EVERY member – those who would like to gather as well as those who prefer not to do so at this time - to feel as comfortable and safe as possible within the options we are providing.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Grace, peace and blessings upon you all,
Image already added
Image already added