Text – 1 Corinthians 15:3-7
“of first importance”
• 2 Timothy 2:8 “Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead…”
We are here to celebrate the resurrected Christ, not just a resurrection. The Resurrection is not the “it,” it is the evidence of Jesus being the “it.”
I. Christ died for our sins.
• Is it possible to hear this too often?
• “The blood of Christ is the hand stamp that lifts the velvet rope and gives us entrance into the Kingdom of God.”
II. According to the Scriptures.
• Twice in this passage we read the words: “According to the Scriptures.” Literally hundreds of prophecies, written hundreds of years before He came, were fulfilled by Jesus.
• Acts 13:29-30 When they had carried out all that was written about him, they took him down from the tree and laid him in a tomb. 30 But God raised him from the dead,
III. He was buried
• Matthew 27:62-66 Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.” So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.
IV. And raised
• “I WAS dead and behold I am alive forever and ever!”
• The Resurrection of Christ demonstrates that immortality is not only possible, it is our destiny.
V. He appeared
• The very first skeptics of the Resurrection of Christ were Jesus’ own disciples. What convinced them was seeing Jesus physically appear before them, allowing them to touch Him.
• Jesus died for reasons that could only be authenticated by His resurrection. His claims were astonishing the greatest being “Destroy this temple, my body, and I will raise it up in three days.” (John 2:19).
He’s alive forevermore!
• Psalm 86:10 “For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God.”
• Who would not like to get to know such a One as this better?
Because He lives We are part of His Forever Kingdom
–Philippians 3:20 citizenship is in heaven…
–Ephesians 2:19 fellow citizens… members of God’s household
–Hebrews 12:22-23 names are written in heaven.,