Text Passage: Titus 3:1-7
Main Idea: He saved you personally. Take it personally.
From Just a Moment with Pastor Dan
Don’t think about Christ’s mission to earth in general terms; He means for you to take it personally.
The Good Shepherd laid down His life for you.
He shed His blood for your forgiveness.
He came. He suffered. He endured. And He finished. For you.
He demonstrated His love for you in that while you were yet a sinner Christ died for you.
He sent His Holy Spirit to give you new life and to live His life in you.
He wanted you to discover and enjoy all the blessings of eternal life, now and forever.
He wanted you to know Him. Personally.
It was all personal and it is still personal.
Take it personally.
From the text:
“Show True humility” – Comes from realizing “I’m not better than anyone else.”
“Foolish” – lacking good sense or judgment.
“Disobedient” – refusing to obey rules or someone in authority.
“Deceived” – persuaded that something false is the truth.
There are other lists that include such items of human defectiveness like arrogance, gossip, greed, and jealousy, and “inventing ways to do evil.”
Some of us may have had better outward presentations but God looks at the heart.
So, because of our common human failings, that’s why we are here this morning, to praise the Lord for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus changed everything!!!
Verse 5 – “He washed us” (Also 1 Corinthians 6:11). “He saved us.”
Three ways to internalize it personally.
- Acknowledge – Jesus Christ (Messiah) risen from the dead. “You are the living one who was dead. The risen one. The Word become flesh. (John 1:14)
- Affirm – Our faith in Him. Our acceptance of His payment for my sins.
- Only love commissioned Him. Only love caused Him to accept.
- “Learn to live loved.”
- Without fear. Without shame.
- With the assurance grounded in the cross of Christ and coached by the Holy Spirit.