Text: John chapter 9
John 9:1-41 (NIV)
7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
• Jesus showed up and everything changed for this man
16 Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”
• The Pharisees wrongly thought the commandment to rest on the Sabbath meant don’t do anything.
34 To this they replied, “You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us!” And they threw him out.
• Note the unloving words and attitudes of these religious men. A pitfall when we put rules above love.
38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
• Jesus knew He was the Messiah, God in the flesh and was therefore entitled to this man’s worship.
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
• In other words, if you really thought you were blind you would be open to seeing, like this blind man, but because you say you see, you reject true sight.
1. We were all born blind.
• None of us are born seeing. We have no ideas, distorted idea or crazy ones about God.
• Vs. 3 The work of God can be displayed in any life, no matter what condition it is in. No matter what obstacles, barriers or limitations or crazy ideas.
2. We only kinda know what happened to us.
• The born again process is a metaphysical regeneration and renewal performed by the Holy Spirit. Our dead spirits being brought to life. What is the anatomy of a dead spirit?
• And, after that there is a day by day renewal that takes place, along with a transformation from glory to glory. And if anyone tells you they know what all that means, it better be Jesus.
• There is a mysterious otherworldliness to our union with Christ. Simple enough for a child to activate but beyond the most brilliant scholars to fully decipher.
3. Boldness comes from telling your truth.
• How do you find your “blind man” boldness? Your fire? Find the realist thing about your relationship with the Lord and make that your altar before Him.