Text: 1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect…”
1. Examine Your Wealth. “Set apart Christ”
• Msg. keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ,
• Outreach is not a passion for souls, it is a passion for God.
• So, anything that helps us focus on Jesus is a valuable tool that facilitates setting Him apart in our lives.
2. Expect Opportunities. “Always be prepared”
• Looking for opportunities leads to opportunities.
• Don’t force it. Do it with “gentleness and respect.”
• Don’t worry about what you are to say.
• God is not the God of pressure; He is the God of peace.
• Not just with people who have not yet come to Christ. David wrote:
Psalm 40:9-10 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
3. Explain Personally. “The hope that you have”
• Personalize – Paul (Acts 26), Blind man (John 9:25).
• People can always debate our theology, but they cannot dispute your experience. So what’s your story?
• He knows and loves you personally! You are not just a cog. He loves the you trying to “figure it out” and the “you” that aspires to higher heights in your relationship with Him.
• He welcomes our desire for Him
• That the Lord knows and loves the total “you” is a truth we cannot visit too many times.